Friday, February 29, 2008

Gender Association

Gender association

Particularly amongst sissy-babies, but also amongst some other AB/DLs, the time as a baby may be associated with softness and aspects of life seen as more feminine. This can then show as an AB/DL fetish later in life when trying to unravel unexpressed elements of femininity.

[edit] Gender Mix

There is a strong tendency for AB/DLs to be male. Estimates often quoted seem to claim around 95%. There are a number of reasons suggested for this, including the following...

[edit] Role

The baby role is specifically powerless. Social powerlessness is all too common for women and there can be a need to defend against that. Men are more likely to find powerlessness appealing as a contrast to their normal circumstances.

[edit] Child rearing

The associations women are taught to have with children are in a nurturing role, and are likely to be strongly non-sexual. As a result the sexual connotations of adult-babies are likely to be negative.


[edit]

1 comment:

pupster27 said...

While I do not dispute that the majority of AB/DLs tend to be male,I have a hard time believing the 95% figure.That seems awfully high to me.Personally,I'm a DL & have absolutely nothing against AB's or similar interests/levels of diaper play.In fact,I'm extremely open-minded,comfortable & interested in learning about all types of fetishes.I feel there is absolutely nothing wrong with fulfilling one's desire's with another consenting adult.I have been a DL my whole entire life(42 yrs.)& explored many,many related sites that the internet has to offer the past 12+yrs.The main reason I question the 95% figure?Personal experience.Over the last 20 some years I've been in several relationships & can honestly say that the females,5 total,not only participated in diaper play with me but thoroughly enjoyed the experiences on a regular basis.I'm married to the most wonderful lady that not only loves diaperplay but also enjoys using her diaper for it's intended purpose & exploring all types of fetish sites together online.Again,this is my personal experience only.